Gourmet Boxed Vegan Mac and Cheese
When you are having a busy week and you’ve eaten out too many times lately but you want some gourmet, ready-to-eat foods, you’ve got to try this Mac N’ Cheese Recipe. Luckily, boxed vegan mac and cheese are sold in most grocery stores and with a couple of easy tweaks, you can recreate this delicious and nutritious meal. By adding a few more ingredients, you can also stretch out your meals into larger portions.
Alternative ways to make this recipe:
Related Recipe: Levelled up Instant Ramen
Vegan Mac and Cheese
One of the first recipes I learned how to make as a child was boxed Mac N’ Cheese. I remember making these simple lunch-ables for my sister and I when my parents weren’t home. It was one of the most nostalgic memories growing up and possibly the catalyst to my cooking career. No matter how you make it, you can customize it with any pantry items like ketchup or hotdogs. Personally, I love mine with a little bit of hot sauce. However you like to eat your Mac and Cheese, it will never get old.
How many servings does this make?
This makes 2 larger servings or about 4 kid-sized servings!
Related Post: Vegan Pasta Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR LEVELLED UP BOXED MAC AND CHEESE (VEGAN):
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the macaroni and cook according to package instructions, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook veggie ground beef until heated through.
- Add stir in the tomato paste to the veggie ground, along with a couple of tbsp of pasta cooking water until combined. Move the veggie beef over to one side.
- Now, add the plant milk and butter amounts as directed on the box to the other side of the skillet and whisk to create a sauce.
- Add spinach and pasta and stir until the spinach is wilted and everything is combined, adding in more of the reserved pasta cooking water as needed to get a creamy dish.
- Serve with chopped parsley and chili flakes if desired.
Hey welcome to The Edgy Veg – we veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!