The Burger King Mac n’ Cheetos came out in 2016 and the world was OBSESSED. I want to share my Mac n Cheetos recipe so you can have these delicious cheese bites at home!
I’m a vegan chef who creates vegan versions of fast food items, so I included how to make Mac n Cheetos dairy-free & made with all plants in 15 mins!
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel
This strange strange creation is just the type of thing that the internet loves. Mac and Cheese balls, breaded in cheese puffs and deep-fried… sounds like a party to me. This Frankenstein of a junk food will absolutely impress vegans, non-vegans, children, adults, everyone you choose to share (or not share) this dish with.
Burger King Mac N Cheetos
DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
By using vegan alternatives to dairy and egg products, this recipe is just as yummy as the original Mac n Cheetos, and with these, you won’t have to settle for limited-time options. I hope you came to get cheesy.
If you can’t find a vegan Cheetos replacement, vegan cheddar flavoured kettle chips will also work if you turn them into crumbs using a food processor.
BURGER KING MAC N CHEETOS INGREDIENTS (VEGAN):
- boxed Mac & Cheese
- dairy-free butter
- unbleached white flour
- unsweetened soy milk
- dairy-free cheddar cheese shreds
- dairy-free cheese flavoured puffs or chips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
FULL RECIPE DOWN BELOW
- Make a store-bought boxed mac n cheese. Set it aside.
- In a saucepan, melt dairy-free butter over medium heat.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Start with 1 Tbsp and add more if necessary.
- Whisk until it starts to brown and the flour taste is cooked off (3-5 mins)
- Add soy milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Add boxed mac & cheese to cheese sauce and mix to coat completely.
- Let rest in the fridge to stiffen overnight.
- Place flour into a small shallow bowl.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out about 2oz of mac & cheese into your hand.
- Form the mac & cheese into a thick log-shape and toss it into flour, then egg replacer, and finally the crushed up vegan Cheetos.
- Place in the freezer for an hour.
- Deep fry at 350°F for 2 minutes.
Hey, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN JUNK FOOD RECIPES?
- The Ultimate Vegan Garbage Plate
- Vegan KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Vegan Wendy’s Spicy Nuggets
- Vegan Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!