If you’re craving a vegan version of a McDonald’s double cheeseburger you’ve found the right recipe.
This Vegan McDonalds Burger recipe is only 7 ingredients (including toppings) and made in 9 minutes. Why spend more money on fast food, when it’s cheaper to make these plant-based versions at home!
Just by taking a plant-based burger patty, you can make something quick for dinner that will have you saying “I’m lovin’ it”. Sorry I had to say it!
Make sure you pair this vegan McDonalds burger with classic fries and a Coke for ultimate food McMemories.
I made my burgers using Beyond Meat ground beef and forming it into 2 thin patties for that fast-food feel. You can also take a beyond meat burger and cut in half to make two thin patties! I like to use Beyond Meat for this recipe, but feel free to use your favourite veggie burgers.
You could also just make a vegan McDonalds Cheeseburger without doubling the patty and cheese slice (like for a vegan kids cheeseburger).
Related Recipe: Vegan Big Mac Sauce
Vegan McDonalds Burger
DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN
This vegan twist on a classic burger will fulfil any nostalgic McDonald’s memories of biting into a savoury, cheesy double cheeseburger. The thin patty method is really what takes a store-bought plant-based patty from family barbeque to fast-food classic.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN MCDONALDS DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER:
- Vegan Burger patties (your choice – I used beyond meat ground to form my patties)
- Burger Bun
- Vegan American-Style Cheese Slices
- Sliced Round Pickles
- Yellow Mustard
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook each burger patty in the pan for 2-3 mins per side.
- At the same time, in the same pan, toast each side of the bun.
- Now build your burger. Place a burger patty on the bottom bun, followed by a slice of vegan cheese, then a second burger patty, another slice of cheese, 3+ round pickle slices, diced onion, and ketchup and mustard spread on the top bun.
- Microwave or stream the whole double cheeseburger for 15 seconds to get that authentic fast food taste.
Looking For More Vegan Fast-Food Recipes?
- Vegan Big Mac Burger
- Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- Wendy’s Spicy ‘Chicken’ Nuggets
- Vegan KFC Popcorn ‘Chicken’
- Vegan KFC Chicken
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!