There is a vegan restaurant here in Toronto that serves up all the best vegan junk and comfort foods you can think of. It is a vegan resto after my own heart. It’s like they crawled into my brain, took all my favourite things and re-created them vegan style. If I lived any closer to this place, you would have to come to my condo and host a vegan junk food intervention—luckily, that hasn’t happened yet, since it’s far, and I don’t drive.
One of my favourite apps at vegan junk food mecca, is their version of Fries Supreme, a take on the Taco Bell favourite, requested by many of you. After reading comment after comment, asking for this dish, I decided- it’s like nachos on fries! Of course I can make this!
…And so I have, I hope you enjoy this super simple snack, and may it full your heart and soul with as much comfort, as it does mine. These stacked fries are covered with seasoned vegan ground beef or chorizo, warm zesty nacho cheese sauce made of carrots and potatoes, diced ripe tomatoes, green onions, and my homemade vegan sour cream. You can make the nacho cheese sauce and sour cream ahead of time and find they last for a few days if you want to make a bigger batch!
New Recipes: Best Vegan Taco Bell Recipes To Make At Home
- Prepare fries as directed on bag (or according to your preference)
- While the fries are baking, heat up store-bought vegan nacho cheese sauce or make homemmade vegan nacho cheese sauce. Also, heat vegan ground beef or soy chorizo. And keep warm.
- Place fries in a serving platter.
- Cover fries with refried beans and vegan beef or chorizo.
- Pour the heated nacho cheese sauce over the vegan meat.
- Sprinkle with diced tomato and green onions, and top with a hefty dollop of vegan sour cream.
- Serve & enjoy.