Green Tahini Sauce Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make a green tahini sauce recipe in just 5 minutes! This tahini sauce is packed with fresh greens filled with rich flavours. This tahini sauce recipe is also vegan and gluten-free!
Using a delicious combination of fresh herbs, tahini and capers, you can get an amazing green sauce to add on top of roasted veggies, salads, sandwiches or for dipping!
Related Recipe: Tahini Sauce
Green Tahini Sauce
This green tahini sauce is perfect for freshening up savoury dishes! I love the way the fresh herb flavours, lemon and garlic lighten up the deep flavours of tahini. Its silky texture and rich flavours match well with roasted and raw vegetables and other dishes. I could really put this sauce on anything. The texture is soft and velvety from the tahini.
If you’re looking for a herbed dressing recipe that’s vegan and gluten-free, you’re going to love this one! This recipe is also plant-based and nut-free! Perfect for vegans and people looking to freshen up their meals!
Related Post: Vegan Dipping Sauce Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN TAHINI SAUCE (VEGAN):
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ cups fresh parsley leaves and stems
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves & stems
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tsplemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- water as needed
- salt to taste
- In a food processor blend together, the garlic and capers until finely chopped.
- Add parsley, cilantro, green onion, lemon zest, and lemon juice and blend until well chopped and combined.
- Keep the processor running, and slowly pour in the tahini. The sauce will seize- this is normal. Start adding in water 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get a smooth, velvety sauce.
- Taste and season with salt to your liking.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Sauce Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Leave a comment