I’m going to show you how to make vegan egg salad in under 10 mins! Using simple vegan ingredients, you can make “egg” salad just like the classic version that we grew up on.
Whether you’re looking for a plant-based egg salad or something new to pack for lunch, this vegan egg salad substitute is made using only 15 ingredients!
Related Recipe: Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich
Vegan Egg Salad
Egg salad was invented in the 1800s and although food and meals have evolved, many people gravitate towards egg salad to this day. Though egg salad has a reputation of smelling up a room with a strong egg smell, this egg salad version can be made without the strong odour or adjusted to your preference using black salt to create the “eggy” smell and taste!
With this recipe, the flavours come together more the longer it sits in the fridge. I like to make it the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. You can enjoy this vegan egg salad on a sandwich, in a wrap or on top of greens for a hearty, but fresh and easy salad.
Related Post: Best Vegan Egg Recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG SALAD (VEGAN):
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Yellow Mustard
- Nutritional Yeast
- Sweet Relish
- Garlic Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Medium-Firm Tofu
- Green Onions
- Cayenne Pepper
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Mixing Bowls
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 tspdried turmeric (for colour)
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)
- 14oz package medium-firm tofu, gently pressed
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped or 1½ tsp dried
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together mayo, mustard, relish, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, black salt and mix until smooth.
- Use your hands and crumble the tofu into the mixing bowl with mayo dressing.
- Toss to coat the tofu in the dressing. Add more mayo and black salt as needed.
- To the same bowl, add celery, green onion, parsley and dill and mix to combine.
- Use right away or chill for a minimum of 30 mins to allow flavours to meld.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cayenne right before serving.
- Enjoy on a sandwich, in a wrap or on top of greens for a hearty, but fresh and easy salad.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Egg Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!