Vegan Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
These vegan cucumber tea sandwiches are perfect for a vegan afternoon tea! Using 4 simple and fresh plant-based ingredients, these tasty sandwiches are ready in only a few minutes!
Cucumber sandwiches became popular in England long ago when people ate them to keep cool and refreshed sitting in the sun drinking hot tea and wearing thick layers of clothing. Now, they are commonly found at high tea and as a bite to have for afternoon lunch.
Related Recipe: Vegan English Breakfast
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE OPTION
These fresh cucumber tea sandwiches use thinly sliced cucumber to give a bit of crisp freshness and vegan cream cheese for a cool tanginess! For a proper afternoon tea, make sure you cut off the crust of these sandwiches.
Now I’ll show you how to make easy English tea sandwiches that are vegan! This recipe is perfect for a warm afternoon or a tea party!
Related Recipe: Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR ENGLISH TEA SANDWICHES (VEGAN):
- White Bread (opt for gluten-free if you need GF sandwiches)
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Butter
- Salt & Pepper
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Serrated Bread Knife
- Butter Knife
Full Recipe Down Below
- 4 pieces of bread
- 2 tbsp plain vegan cream cheese
- ¼ cucumber, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
- Layout all of your bread slices. Spread vegan butter on 2 of the slices, and vegan cream cheese on the other 2.
- On the buttered slices, layer cucumber slices, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the cream cheese-smeared bread on top.
- Cut off the crusts with a sharp knife and cut them into rectangles or triangles.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Sandwich Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!
Leave a comment