If you’re looking for a vegan brussels sprouts recipe that’s a unique dinner dish with roasted, garlic brussels sprouts, vegan sausage, bacon or vegan meat of choice, you’ve found the most delicious Brussel sprouts recipe on the internet!
The reason why I added vegan meat to this recipe is because:
1) the juices from beyond meat sausages are absorbed by the brussels sprouts making them taste so delicious
2) I hate plain Brussel sprouts and
3) 15 of my non-vegan friends feasted on these bad boys faster than I’ve ever seen non-vegans eat. Almost all of them scooped a little bit and said “oh I guess I’ll try these” and then came back for seconds and thirds with giant scoops. This recipe is loved by vegans but also non-vegans!
Other Recipes: Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
VEGAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
DAIRY-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE | NUT-FREE | VEGAN
The key to making delicious vegan brussels sprouts is to use lots of garlic, vegan sausage, vegan bacon (or other vegan meat), and oven roast them until they’re crispy. This “bacon” brussels sprouts recipe is also perfect for anyone who doesn’t like brussels sprouts because these bad boys are SO FREAKING delicious!
Get ready for one of the most delicious brussels sprouts you’ve ever tasted! I made this dish for Canadian Thanksgiving and my friends (including carnivores!) LOVED IT! In fact, many of my friends thought it was real meat in the brussels sprouts and had no idea it was my vegan dish that I brought!
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Beyond Meat sausage, casing removed & crumbled (you can use beyond meat ground beef too)
- 2 vegan bacon strips of choice, cut into pieces
Note: If you don’t have access to beyond met sausage or vegan bacon, you could probably use any vegan meat you have access too. The best combination is specifically the beyond meat sausage and vegan bacon strips cooked together.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Fill a stockpot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and boil for 2 mins, then drain them in a colander. Allow them to drip dry for 15 mins to ensure all moisture has evaporated or dripped off.
- Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and vegan bacon. Set aside.
- Slice the dried sprouts in half and add to the large mixing bowl with olive oil mixture, and toss to coat completely.
- Transfer the sprouts to a baking sheet and roast for 15 mins.
- Flip them and sprinkle with beyond meat sausage. Roast for another 10-15 mins, or until the edges are lightly charred and crispy.
- Keep your eye on the sprouts while baking, as they can go from done to BURNT very quickly.
- Taste them and season again if necessary. Serve and watch people be shocked how good they are.
I’ve created printable instructions below! Scroll down for the full list of ingredients & simple instructions on how to make these vegan brussels sprouts.
You’ll love this Recipe: Best Vegan Stuffing
Vegan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts and boil for 2 mins.
- Drain in a colander.
- Allow to drip dry for 15 mins to ensure all moisture has evaporated or dripped off.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and bacon. Set aside.
- Slice dried Brussels sprouts in half and add to the large mixing bowl with olive oil mixture, and toss to coat completely.
- Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 15 mins.
- Flip sprouts and sprinkle with beyond meat sausage.
- Roast for another 10-15 mins, or until edges are lightly charred and crisp. Watch sprouts while baking, they can go from done to BURNT very quickly.
- Taste, and season again if necessary.
Recipe Video: Vegan Brussels Sprouts
Hi, I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Brussels Sprouts are one of those foods I hated as a kid, but eat regularly as an adult. Whether you’re trying to incorporate brussels sprouts into your diet as an adult or get your kids to eat them, this is an easy way to make them your new favourite veggie.
If you make these Brussels Sprouts recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food creation on social and tag me @edgyveg on your photo so I don’t miss it!