Sometimes our clamorous sweet tooth cravings need to be obliged in a timely manner. Enter the Ice Cream Chocolate Almond Float. It’s the ultimate fix to appease your chocolate yearnings. When I was growing up in Germany, my favourite thing to order at a cafe with my mom was this drink called, Eis Schokolade, or Ice Cream Chocolate Milk in English. What makes this cool treat so amazing is the decadent combo of ice cold chocolate almond beverage, scoops of vanilla non-dairy ice cream, with a dollop of vegan whipped cream. It’s the kids version of the popular Eis Kaffee, or Ice Cream Coffee in English, a very popular drink/dessert served in cafes all across Germany. Think of it as an iced coffee but WAY better, since we use ice cream instead of ice cubes. What kid or kid-like adult (…me) wouldn’t want to sip this beauty, and lick the rim?
This vegan ice cream float is the perfect cool treat on a hot summer day, but also one of my favourite things to serve up at brunch. Plus, it’s stupid easy to make- which always gets win in my books. Now let’s whip up this chocolate-y goodness before I become hangry).
WARNING, this recipe is uber delicious and super fast to make, and is therefore HIGHLY addictive. Don’t fret though, this dairy-free recipe is worth latching onto. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you when you find yourself reaching for the Chocolate goblet of your dreams time and time again.
Time to give this recipe a whirl! Let’s go.
- This recipe is best made in a tall milkshake-style glass or mason jar.
- Place your chocolate sauce into a small ramekin or dish wider than your glass for rimming.
- Place the opening of the glass into the sauce to rim and place glass in the fridge or freezer for a couple mins so the chocolate can become hard. This step is completely optional.
- Pour the chocolate almond beverage into your glass. You want it to be filled about halfway so you can easily add the ice cream without overflow.
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to your glass. Really you can add as many scoops as you want. 2 scoops is just a guideline.
- If the glass is not full to the (almost) top, add more chocolate almond beverage.
- Top ice cream with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- Serve with a tall spoon and a straw.
- Optional garnishes; shaved chocolate, slivered almonds