This easy Taco-Bell Chili Cheese Burrito recipe uses 14-ingredients and can be made in under 45 minutes. Once you make the chili, it’s super easy to put together in a taco. This Chili Cheese Burrito tastes just like the original without the use of dairy or meat products. It’s also a great recipe for stand-alone chili or a burrito made of leftover chili.
Chili Cheese Burrito
DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN
Sometimes you’ll find yourself craving a late-night classic like a Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito. In this 45-minute recipe, I’ll show you how to turn 14 simple ingredients into a flavourful scoop of chili wrapped in a soft flour tortilla.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN CHILI CHEESE BURRITO:
- Olive, Avocado or Coconut Oil
- Tomato Paste
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Chili Powder
- White Vinegar
- Refried Beans
- Veggie Ground Beef
- Vegan Cheddar-Style Cheese Shreds
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 1 tbsp olive, avocado or coconut oil
- 1 cooking onion, minced
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cups tomato paste
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper (depending on your tolerance to spice)
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tsp salt + extra to taste
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded & chopped (optional)
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups veggie ground beef
- 1 cup vegan cheddar-style cheese shreds
- 4-6 large tortillas
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a medium pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent. This should take about 3-5 mins.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, dissolve the corn starch in the water with a fork.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and tomato paste to the pot with onions and stir, until combined.
- Add cayenne pepper; chili powder, salt, vinegar, and jalapeños, stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and mix in the veggie ground beef and refried beans.
- Stir in half of the cheese until melted, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon some chili into each tortilla, top with remaining cheese and wrap up the tortilla.
- I like to toast both sides to help them stay together.
- Enjoy! She's a messy one!
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Fast-Food Recipes?
- Vegan Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
- Vegan McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger
- KFC Vegan Popcorn Chicken
- Vegan Big Mac
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!