Enjoy my easy vegan creme eggs recipe using 5 ingredients in 35 mins! These taste just like the Cadbury Creme Egg you remember, but vegan! These are perfect to do for a vegan Easter activity or anytime you crave creamy chocolatey creme eggs.
You can now make your favourite Easter treat vegan with this super easy vegan Cadbury creme egg recipe. This dairy-free & egg-free chocolate recipe will surprise even non-vegans!
Related Recipe: Vegan Easter Recipes
Vegan Creme Eggs
DAIRY-FREE | EGG-FREE
I loved Cadbury Creme eggs as a kid and the novelty of having them is very nostalgic to me (as well as others who are looking for dairy-free, egg-free or vegan creme eggs). I also had so much fun replicating the sugary yolk inside of this chocolate egg and hope you will too!
Related Recipe: Vegan Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
INGREDIENTS FOR CREME EGGS (VEGAN):
- Brown Rice Syrup or Corn Syrup (if GF, look for gluten-free label)
- Vegetable Shortening or Vegan Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Turmeric (for colour)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Parchment Paper
- Egg-Shaped Candy Mould
- Double Boiler
- Pastry Brush
- Mixing Bowl or Stand Mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Using egg moulds of your choosing and a cooking brush, paint the chocolate onto the mould until totally covered.
- Place the moulds into the freezer for a few minutes, until the chocolate has hardened.
- Repeat this step, brushing on more chocolate until you have a nice thick outer shell.
- Place back into the freezer, and make your yolky insides.
- In a medium bowl, cream together brown rice syrup, vegan butter or shortening and vanilla.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Place roughly a third of the mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add turmeric to the leftover mixture until you’ve achieved your desired yellow yolk colour ensuring that everything is mixed well. (Don't worry, you won't even taste it)
- Refrigerate both mixtures for 30-60 mins.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your hands roll the yellow mixture into balls, and place it on the cookie sheet.
- Once you have all the yolks you'll need, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for another 15 mins or so until firm.
- Once firm, remove from the freezer and fold the white fondant around the yellow to cover the yellow completely (so it looks like the inside of an egg).
- Repeat with all of your fondants and place the balls into the chocolate shells you hardened.
- Cover the chocolate shell and yolk inside with chocolate until the mould is full and place into the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once hard, wrap up these treats for your family and friends, and enjoy!
Are Cadbury Creme Eggs vegan?
Cadbury creme eggs are not vegan, but you can make them vegan using dairy-free chocolate chips, syrup, vegetable shortening, vanilla and powdered sugar!
Are Cadbury Creme Eggs gluten-free?
Cadbury creme eggs are not gluten-free as of now according to Hershey’s updated list of gluten-free candies they make including the Cadbury Creme Egg, but here is a recipe for gluten-free Cadbury eggs using gluten-free corn syrup or brown rice syrup.
Are Cadbury Creme Eggs dairy-free?
Cadbury creme eggs are not dairy-free as they contain milk but you can make creme eggs dairy-free at home using dairy-free chocolate chips with this recipe.
Are Cadbury Creme Eggs egg-free?
Cadbury creme eggs are not dairy-free as they contain egg whites but you can make creme eggs egg-free at home using vegetable shortening and chocolate chips with this recipe.
Are Cadbury Creme Eggs nut-free?
Cadbury creme eggs are made in factories that may contain traces of nuts so it’s better to make Cadbury Creme eggs at home with this nut-free recipe for creme eggs!
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Candy Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!