I Tried The Celery Juice Challenge for 10 Days | Celery Juice Cleanse

By June 11, 2019Lifestyle

From reducing inflammation to overall skin detox, I was curious if doing the Celery Juice challenge would work for me. For 10 days, I drank celery juice every day to see if I would experience any of the supposed “health benefits” from drinking celery.

celery juice challenge | celery juice cleanse

Benefits of Celery Juice (apparently)

• Better Digestion
  • Liver Detoxification
  • Nervous System Support
  • Anti-Inflammatory
  • Thyroid Cleansing
  • Healthy Heart

Apparently, you’re supposed to drink the celery juice first thing in the morning and 30 minutes before you eat anything.

But does this cleanse actually work? Check out my video below!

Does Celery Juice Challenge Actually Work?

I filmed my 10-day journey with all the effects I felt or didn’t feel drinking celery juice every day. This challenge was extremely expensive because you have to use organic celery and A LOT of it for celery juice, so watch to see if it’s worth it for you.

Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel!

So that’s it! The celery juice challenge in 10 days! Have you ever tried this celery juice cleanse? Leave me a comment!

Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.

• Jerry says:

First of all you are supposed to do it on an empty stomach. Secondly, you need to juice it daily because juicing a lot at one time is not a good idea. It will begin to oxidize and lose its potency if you do not drink it immediately after juicing. Thirdly, one of the best investments you can make in your life is your health. So if you are willing to buy a bottle of boos or a six pack of beer, then it shouldn’t hurt to get a stalk of celery to improve one’s health. Laying the ground work when you are young will reap many benefits as you age. I have been juicing for over 30 years ( mostly celery) way before anybody even heard of Dr. Williams. And let me tell you this is no”hype”. I am 60 years old and I have never had to take any medications for any illnesses. I actually feel like a 30 year old man. And just as active as one. So my advice to you is get on the train before it’s to late (and don’t be lazy) you will thank me for it.

• Jordan says:

This was funny. Thanks for making it. I do agree that getting sick is a sign of detox so that’s actually a good thing.
    I did this a little while back and am looking at starting again. I remember after a few days of drinking it I started waking up with more energy and feeling better, like lighter and happier. I stopped drinking coffee while drinking it, because I just didn’t feel like I needed it.
    I did have detox symptoms, but got past them.

I remember feeling really good about it and only stopped because I went through a breakup and he got the juicer in the split. Lol

Also, it seemed you liked the taste less and less as the challenge went on… for me, I did not like the taste in the beginning and grew to love it as time went on. It became this taste that I craved and was excIted for in the morning.

• Yolanda Quimby says:

I may try this…but what I really want to know is may I have the recipes for the meal you’re having? Looks good and maka me droooool!

• Ash Koborssi says:

Hello! I’m on my 6th consistent week of the celery diet and honestly ive had nothing but fantastic results! Obviously, no one is the same, and results will vary, but I’ve found for me it healed my gut health immensely. I was suffering from serious bloating and fatigue and after about 7 consistent days I haven’t been bloated since. It has also helped with weight loss and energy boost, I’ve cut out coffee completely, and I’m down 15 lbs! I know its not for everyone but I definitely wanted to put my results out there, because it was a game-changer for me, and I hope it can help someone else!

• Purple Peter says:

Your getting sick is the detox working, its the toxins being released into your system and being purged. Your supposed to juice the celery right before you drink it, and on an empty belly first thing in the morning , then wait half hour before you ingest anything else.

• Dvora says:

Even if you felt no change, you did yourself a lot of good. You drank more liquid: both juice and water. You didn’t drink alcohol. If you had blood chemistries done before and after you. Would have seen that your kidneys and liver benefited from the changes. Your brain did too. Continue drinking more water and doing without alcohol!
    You need to always remove your makeup at night.

• Angela says:

I juiced celery for several months and loved it. It made me feel so much better. Digestion and skin was so much better. It was messy and a hassle with my busy schedule. I found a celery juice powder from GOMANA that’s packaged in sticks. One drink per stick. Easy and convenient. One per day. Its less expensive with the same great results.

• Gin says:

I’ve been drinking celery juice for over 100 days now and it’s proving to be worth it. You need to commit to doing it strictly on an empty stomach and afterwards waiting about 30 mins before eating or drinking anything. Don’t juice it in advance, the juice slowly oxidizes if not drunk immediately. Clear & glowy skin & digestion improvements were my bonuses after 30 days, among other wonderful things. I suffer from wheat & gluten intolerance, so this celery juice has really helped to heal my gut issues.

• Tammy says:

I forgot – yes, that’s organic celery, btw. Note, that there was another brand packaged right next to the one I purchased that was twice as much, so there’s that. Also, I wouldn’t recommend juicing a bunch at once because it loses potency each day, but after seeing your juicer and how much time it took, I can see why you would want to batch juice.

• Tammy says:

It’s supposed to be 16 ounces a day on an empty stomach. I’m doing it now on day 4. Organic Celery for one bunch in Colorado (after shopping around) is $1.50 and takes me 5 minutes a day (I also have a juicer with a massive mouth and super duper fast plus easy to clean). Loving it so far, so we will see.

• Christine Baptista says:

Organic celery at Whole Foods and Trader joe’s. ~$2/+ per day. Many times when you’re detoxing you will get sick as your body is releasing junk out of your system. I have been trying it but have noticed a few changes. A centrifugal juicer yields less juice. I have a slow masticating juicer, plenty of juice from one $ $2 bunch of celery. I’m not convinced that this thing is a cure-all either but to be fair you admittedly were not doing it correctly for more than half of the time. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach… then wait 30 minutes before you eat some fruit. You’re supposed to cut back on salt and fat in your diet. And eliminate certain foods like soy which you were clearly eating a lot of. I’m not sure that this is a true debunk yet. I’ll let you know when my 30 day juicing is over if my results are different.

• Sophie says:

$12/day?! It’s supposed to be one bunch of organic celery… which shouldn’t be more than $4 lol . Personally I had great results after a few days but I don’t do it every day now, just a few times a week. It completely helped the bloating I was dealing with and gives me great energy! But everyone is different. No way celery will be equally healing for everyone. 🙂