Not only is this Vegan Spinach Dip recipe dairy free, gluten free and vegan… it’s also super easy to make and tasty for vegans and non-vegans! This is the PERFECT Baked Spinach Dip for a dinner party appetizer, game night snack or to bring to any Holiday parties. (scroll below).
Today, I’m going to show you how to make a vegan baked spinach dip. This vegan spinach dip is super easy to make and perfect as an appetizer for movie nights, or for your dinner party, super bowl party or holiday get together. I took my inspiration from a restaurant my girlfriends and I used to go to in university for fruity cocktails. We ALWAYS got the dip because we were a) obsessed with cheese, and absolutely needed some carbs to soak up all the booze in our bellies.
If you’re looking for more vegan appetizers, check out my list of vegan appetizer recipes here.
This vegan spinach dip is creamy, cheesy and has a really robust flavour profile. Plus, it also has spinach in it, so it’s like a health food… right friends? Suuuuuure… Don’t feel bad if you eat an entire dip to yourself, because, in the end, this is healthier than consuming a processed dip at the store… at least that’s how I see things. The tofu also makes it high protein! Told yeah, it was good for you!
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients and simple instructions on how to make this easy vegan spinach dip.
To make this baked spinach dip in under 30 mins, you first want to preheat oven to 400 F. Then, you want to heat coconut oil or avocado oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant 1-3 minutes.
Next, add spinach and cook until it is heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, grab a blender, and add tofu, rinsed cashews, tapioca starch, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt, blend until smooth. Taste and add extra salt to taste.
Transfer the tofu cream mixture and the spinach to a mixing bowl along with dill, black pepper and vegan Worcestershire sauce, if using, and mix. Add 1/2 cup of vegan cheese shreds and combine. Transfer to an oven safe dish, like a casserole dish, cast iron pan, or baking dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds.
Bake in the oven until the dip is bubbly, cheese is melted, and golden on top, about 25 – 30 minutes. Serve hot with dippers of your choosing; like a toasted baguette, pita, chips, or fresh cut veggies. If you or your guests require gluten-free foods, I would serve this dip with gluten-free versions of the above.
Follow This Easy Vegan Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-300g package of frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup silken soft tofu
- ¾ cup soakedraw cashews, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch, optional
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbspnutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tspgarlic powder
- ½ tsp -1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried dill, 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce, optional
- ½ cup + ½ cup vegan cheese shreds of choice, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant 1-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is heated through about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a blender, add tofu, rinsed cashews, tapioca starch, if using, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt to your liking.
- Transfer the tofu cream mixture and the spinach to a mixing bowl along with dill, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, if using, and mix.
- Add ½ cup of vegan cheese shreds and combine.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish, like a casserole dish, cast iron pan, or baking dish and top with remaining ½ cup vegan cheese shreds.
- Bake in the oven until the dip is bubbly, cheese is melted, and the top is golden brown; about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with dippers of your choosing; like toasted baguette, pita, chips, or fresh cut veggies.
Note: this recipe is SUPER easy to prepare a night or two ahead. Simply prepare according to instructions until baking. Keep in the fridge overnight, and then bake the next day when ready to serve for a party or get together! Or for yourself, I won’t judge you– promise!! The flavors really develop overnight, making this dip even yummier the next day.
You guys must try this Vegan Spinach Dip recipe, you will love it! Once you try it, come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating! If you make this, let me see! Tag @edgyveg on your photo and add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
Pin this Vegan Spinach Dip Recipe to Pinterest