Carrot Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting | Vegan Recipe

Vegan Recipe: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for Easter

This Carrot Cake recipe is so delicious that even the Easter Bunny himself would have a hard time resisting it if left out. This combination of healthy cake ingredients and decadent cream cheese frosting makes for an unforgettable carrot cake that is far more than just an Easter treat.

I realized how much I love coconut, when putting this recipe together, it’s as though almost every ingredient has coconut in it! Hehe I especially love the use of coconut sugar and coconut yogurt. If you don’t happen to have any coconut yogurt on hand you can use applesauce as a substitute. This particular addition really gives the cake a nice fluffy texture, which is definitely a desirable trait in carrot cake

I juice on a pretty regular basis and always save my carrot pulp. This makes me less guilty about wasting perfectly delicious and nutritious carrots and gives me tons of carrot of this cake party. If you don’t juice, just grate a few carrots and you’ll be in good shape.

If you want to take the easiest possible way to ice your cake you can simply buy some vegan cream cheese and add your desired amount of icing sugar to it. For those of you that are up to the challenge of making your own cream cheese let me assure you it is not a massive undertaking. You start with confectioner’s sugar, add vegan margarine, almond milk, vanilla, a bit of salt, fresh lemon juice, and finally some apple cider vinegar. Mix all of this well and get ready to ice your cake. Trust me, it tastes exactly like perfect cream cheese frosting- with minimal processed ingredients.

Let me know what other spring-inspired recipes you want to see next! Happy Spring!

Vegan carrot cake recipe

Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe

This vegan Carrot Cake recipe is so delicious that even the Easter Bunny himself would have a hard time resisting. This combination of healthy cake ingredients and decadent cream cheese frosting makes for an unforgettable carrot cake that is far more than just an Easter treat.
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: North American
  1. Preheat oven to 350F, and grease your cake pan (or two).
  2. In a mixing bowl mix together sugar, coconut oil, yogurt or applesauce and vanilla extract.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the dry to the wet and mix well. Fold in carrots and mix until well combined.
  4. Pour batter into your cake pan (or two) and bake for 25-30 mins, until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
  5. Remove from oven and let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
  6. Once cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting

If you want to take the easiest possible way to ice your cake you can simply buy some vegan cream cheese and add your desired amount of icing sugar to it. For those of you that are up to the challenge of making your own cream cheese let me assure you it is not a massive undertaking and this recipe is heavenly.
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Serves: 3 cups
  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for about 1 minute.
  2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process until smooth and creamy.
Notes
The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Vegan Recipe: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for Easter

• Vickie says:

This cake is delicious! It came out moist, dense and great! Thanks Candice!

• Yum, love carrot cake. never made it myself though, Thanks for posting sounds delcious. Simon

• Dee says:

This cake was so incredibly yummy it was eaten before I could make icing! I made a half batch oil-free by subbing oil and applesauce with mango paste (Recipe: 1/2 C dehydrated Trader Joe’s mangoes soaked in 1 C water until soft, then blended smooth in Vitamix). Dense, moist, and delicious! From the 7 year old grandson to 64 yo grandpappy, four of us 1/2 devoured the 9″ square cake within minutes. When I thought we were done, more would disappear so I had to wrap and hide 1/4 of it so we’d have some the next day.

Thank you for this recipe!

PS… if I do make it to icing, it will be chocolate ganache. We had an awesome vegan carrot cake in Spain with chocolate ganache and it was emotional.. Mind and taste buds blown. Over the moon, I tell ya! I wondered why we’ve never seen it in the US much less thought of it ourselves and chalk it up to “conditioning,” lol. It might change your life if you try it, it’s that good. 😉 When I order a vegan carrot cake from bakeries now, I request chocolate ganache and made it a mini-mission to share this tidbit of insight with all carrot cake fans.

• Jennifer says:

This cake is the best!! I used to always hate that non-vegan carrot cakes made enough cake to feed an army. This makes the perfect sized cake, and it is super moist and delicious! I have made it for 2 family gathering. Everyone loves it, and asks for the recipe.

• Clarasoft says:

I your writing style truly loving this site.

• Very good written post. It will be beneficial to anybody who usess it, as well as myself.
    Keep doing what you are doing – looking forward to more posts.

• I love your writing style really loving this site.

• Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll
    just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any recommendations for rookie blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.

• First off I would like to say excellent blog! I had a
    quick question which I’d like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.
    I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first
    10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out
    how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Kudos!

Ditto! It’s always a challenge. I sometimes burn incense to try to clear my mind to prepare to right, but I often hit distracting blocks. Going out for a walk or attending a fitness class seems to help me a lot. I find that after some fresh air or a good sweat, that I can calmly settle in to focus on the writing task at hand.

• I am glad to be one of many visitors on this outstanding site
    (:, appreciate it for putting up.

• Great post. I’m dealing with some of these issues as well..

• Hello, you used to write great, but the last few posts have been kinda boring?
    I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a
    little bit out of track! come on!

Thanks for your comment. I’m always trying to be the best I can, in order to do that, can you provide more specific feedback?

• Sharon says:

You have 4 layers and you say use a pan or two. Are you slicing to make 4 layers or are you baking in 4 pans? Looks delicious and plan to make soon!! Thanks!