Vegan breakfast is HARD ya’ll! There really are only so many smoothies you can make before you want to rip your hair out, and eat some comfort food for once! Many pancake recipes I have used in the past result in hard pucks, or crumbled messes. I am happy to report that this is NOT the case with this fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe. So load those bad boys up with strawberries and syrup and enjoy!
- 1 cup organic, unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Turn your griddle to medium heat.
- Combine your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a large glass or bowl add your soy milk with 1 tbsp of vinegar and whisk well. This will turn your regular soy milk inot soy buttermilk!!!
- Allow this to sit for about 5-10 minutes, then add the soy buttermilk and coconut oil to your mixture, and mix until smooth without clumps.
- When your griddle is hot, grease with a tbsp of coconut oil and spoon your batter onto your cooking surface. Flip your pancakes carefully when you see that the bubbles have stopped opening and closing. Continue to cook until the other size of your pancake is cooked and remove from heat.