I’m going to show you how to make miso cabbage soup in under 25 mins! This miso soup with cabbage is a flavorful and nourishing Japanese-inspired dish that combines the umami richness of miso paste with the crispness of cabbage and other vegetables.
This soup recipe offers a wonderful balance of flavors, from the natural sweetness of vegetables to the salty, earthy notes of miso paste. It’s a comforting and satisfying soup that’s both healthy and delicious.
Related Recipe: Vegan Split Pea Soup
Cabbage Miso Soup
VEGAN | DAIRY-FREE | NUT-FREE
This cabbage miso soup recipe is a Japanese dish that features chopped cabbage stir-fried or sautéed in a soup and mixed with miso paste.
The dish combines the crispiness of cabbage with the rich, umami taste of miso paste, creating a savory and satisfying side dish or main course.
INGREDIENTS FOR MISO SOUP WITH CABBAGE:
- Miso Paste
- Olive oil
- Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
- Soy Milk
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small cooking onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups water
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon (or 4 tsp bouillon powder)
- ½ block medium or firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- salt, to taste
- optional: cooked noodles
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook until onions are translucent, about 3-5 mins.
- Add cabbage and cook for another 1-2 mins, or until wilted. Add water and bouillon and bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer, add tofu cubes, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in cooked noodles, if using.
- Stir in soy milk and just before a simmer, remove the soup from the heat.
- Remove about 1 cup of the soup broth and add to a measuring cup with miso paste. Whisk to combine the miso with the hot soup broth and add to the rest of the soup. Stir until well combined, season with salt to taste and serve.
Hi! I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or by-products of animals. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Dinner Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!