This easy California strawberry & lemon cookies recipe is super easy & quick! Using 10 ingredients in just 20 minutes, you can make vibrant strawberry cookies with a zest of lemon for the summertime!
In this recipe, I’ll show you how to use California strawberries, one of my favourite summer fruits to make summer recipes with, to make the most gorgeous and aromatic cookies. You can make them in just a few minutes using easily accessible ingredients–Something we all love. This recipe is great for picnics, tea parties, or as a quick treat!
Related Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
California Strawberry & Lemon Cookies
VEGAN & NUT-FREE
Nothing says “summer is here” like zesty lemon and sweet juicy California strawberries! After a hard winter, I am ready to rejuvenate my lifestyle and bounce back from the 2020 slump. One of the first things I started doing as it got warmer was eating more in-season produce. One of my faves right now: Cali Strawberries. I’ve been having a lot of fun incorporating them into my meals, desserts (and even cocktails!), as well as just eating a handful on their own.
When I wrote this recipe originally it was supposed to make a strawberry lemon pound cake but when I was recipe testing and baked the batter, I found that it was the perfect cookie recipe! It’s funny how things work out in the kitchen when trying to make a unique and tasty recipe for you folks! This recipe turned into a happy accident that I love and had to share!
Related Recipe: Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY LEMON COOKIES (VEGAN):
- Fresh California Strawberries
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Vegan Butter
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Yogurt
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- Measuring Utensils
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand-Mixer (optional)
- Ice Cream Scoop (optional)
- Cooling Rack
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line 1 or 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl or stand mixer, cream together vegan butter, sugar, vanilla until smooth.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, and zest and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries just until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop 1-2 tbsp of cookie batter onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and bang the entire tray on the counter a couple of times to spread out the cookie dough a bit.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, then let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- You can store the strawberry lemon cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
California Strawberries are also such a nutrition powerhouse. They have the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange (wow!), and a handful of 8 is a great source of fibre, and only has 50 calories (for those of you counting). Add the taste of summer to any dish with California Strawberries, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! For more information, recipe ideas, and tips, visit californiastrawberries.com.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Cookies Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!
Share My Recipe on Pinterest!