I’m in the mood to spice things up today… or should I say Pumpkin spice things up! To start the perfect vegan pancake breakfast or brunch, make these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, and pair with a homemade PSL (here’s the recipe to mine). If you made both, I would totally declare you the Pumpkin King or Pumpqueen ;)!
We all know that here in Canada there are four seasons; summer, spring, winter, and pumpkin. And instead of spending all your paycheques enjoying trendy, seasonal treats in-stores, why not just make them at home! You’re going to enjoy cooking this recipe and the smell of pumpkin spice throughout your house.
I’ve created easy-to-follow instructions! You can also watch me on YouTube show you how to make it!
Based on my classic pancake recipe, these pumpkin spice pancakes are the autumnal cousin of the classic fluffy breakfast cake. My favourite thing to do with these pancakes is to really dress them up. You just made pumpkin spice pancakes, plain maple syrup will not do as a topping. I like to use coconut flakes, chopped up nuts, vegan butter, syrup, and sometimes a spoon of coconut whipped cream. OMG BECKY IT’S SO PRETTY (AND DELICIOUS)!
Related Recipe: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Hey I’m Candice & welcome to The Edgy Veg! I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants… instead of y’know animals or animals products. Hope you enjoy my tasty recipes!
This recipe is part of my 3-Recipe Series making pumpkin spice flavoured treats for Fall! Check out these other vegan pumpkin spice recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte and Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
How To Make: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients & simple instructions on how to make these Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- 1-1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil, as needed
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- If you’re using a pancake griddle or stove, turn to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine non-dairy milk and vinegar and whisk well.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the non-dairy milk mixture, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry, and mix until smooth, and clump-free.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil on a griddle or large pan.
- Scoop a 1/4 cup of batter onto the cooking surface.
- Place as many pancakes as you can fit in the pan, without touching or overcrowding. When you see the bubbles in the batter have stopped opening and closing, flip the pancakes carefully.
- Continue to cook for another 3 mins, or until the pancake is cooked through.
TIP: Remove from heat and serve with coconut flakes, chopped nuts, vegan butter, and/or maple syrup.
Voila! Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!
If you want more vegan recipes, click here for my newest recipes.
Recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- If using a griddle, turn to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and vinegar and whisk well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the milk mixture, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the dry, and mix until smooth, and clump-free.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil on griddle or large pan.
- Scoop a ¼ cup of batter onto the cooking surface. Place as many pancakes as you can fit in the pan, without touching or overcrowding.
- When you see the bubbles in the batter have stopped opening and closing, flip the pancakes carefully. Continue to cook for another 3 mins, or until the pancake is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve with coconut flakes, chopped nuts, vegan butter, and/or maple syrup.
MORE VEGAN PANCAKE RECIPES
If you love pancakes, try my:
- Easy S’mores Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Protein Pancakes
- and more funky pancakes in my cookbook!
If you make this Vegan Pancakes recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food creation on social and tag me @edgyveg on your photo so I don’t miss it!
Share this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
Click Here To Pin It
For more easy, delicious vegan pumpkin recipes, check out the links below!
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts