This No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake is an easy dairy-free & vegan recipe that brings together the tastiest ingredients. Feel free to view & print my recipe below to make your own No Bake Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox cake! Or watch me on YouTube show you how to make it! ❤️
Get ready to WOW your friends and family with this plant-based icebox cake recipe. Nobody will believe you when you tell them this cake is made entirely of plants after they have a taste!
Layers of dairy-free cream-filled Oreos, vegan “mousse” and chocolate-ty goodness. This easy to follow recipe is a keeper for those living a vegan or dairy-free life!
Related Recipe: Easy Vegan Creamsicle Cake with 2-Ingredients
This cake is light but decadent! The mousse has a hint of peanut butter and chocolate. The Oreo crust and layers add a nice crunch for varied texture.
How To Make No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake VEGAN
Never miss a video by clicking here to Subscribe to my Channel
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients and simple instructions on how to make this delicious No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake recipe.
All you need for this recipe is peanut butter, cocowhip (or any vegan whipped cream), Oreo or off-brand cookies, Vegan Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, White Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Chocolate Syrup, and oat milk.
Step-by-step Recipe for Vegan No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
Now add your powdered sugar a little bit at a time into the blender and blend slowly so it doesn’t go everywhere in your kitchen. If you find your powdered sugar is chunky, just sift it with a fine mesh strainer. Scrap down the sides & continue to mix until it’s smooth.
Traditionally, this recipe uses coolwhip, but since this cake is dairy-free and vegan, I went with “cocowhip” which is a soy-based coolwhip. You can find a vegan coolwhip at most health food stores in your area, or even certain grocery chains. So once you have it, slowly beat it in with your peanut butter mixture! It basically becomes marshmallow fluff!
Next, we’re going to scoop half of the mixture into another bowl and set it aside. Into the remaining half, you’ll want to add your cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Now begins the form of this cake! First, we’re going to form the bottom of the cake by dipping Oreos or off-brand Oreos into your plant-based milk (I used oat milk). Dip and then put them onto the bottom of your springform pan that’s lined with parchment paper. Repeat until the entire bottom of the pan is covered with your Oreo crust layer.
Afterward, begin to spread the plain peanut butter mousse over the Oreos until you create your second layer. Add enough mousse so you don’t see any Oreos. Then add another layer of more cookies on top! Now add the layer of the chocolate mousse over the Oreos to create the fourth layer. Again, only add enough to cover the Oreos. Then just add another layer of dunked Oreo cookies. After laying the final layer of Oreos, add the rest of the peanut butter mousse and then whatever chocolate mousse you have left, add that on top!
Now that you’ve formed your cake, pop it into the freezer for 2-3 hours (or even overnight!) to solidify. Feel free to decorate it with whatever dairy-free and vegan options! I decorated mine with crushed up Oreo pieces and vegan-friendly chocolate sauce (many no-name brand chocolate sauce are vegan, so just check the ingredients).
If you want more vegan recipes, click here for my newest recipes.
Save/Print This Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake Recipe
- 1½ cups vegan cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup organic granulated white sugar
- 1¼ cup organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2½ tubs Coco Whip Dessert
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 packages of Oreos original or off brand Oreo cookies
- ½ cup non-dairy milk of choice
- Optional garnish, dairy-free chocolate sauce
- Line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Using a bowl with a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, cream together vegan cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar.
- In batches, slowly mix in the powdered sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed, and add in the Coco Whip. Mix to combine.
- Transfer ½ of the mixture into a second mixing bowl and set aside.
- Into the remaining mousse add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Dunk an Oreo into the milk and place onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Repeat to cover the entire bottom of the pan like a crust.
- Spread half of the plain peanut butter mousse over the Oreos.
- Repeat another layer of dunked Oreos over the mousse.
- Spread half of the chocolate mousse over the second Oreo layer. and repeat, until you run out of mousse. The top layer should only be mousse, not cookies.
- Chop the remaining cookies into pieces and top your cake randomly, near the center. Drizzle with chocolate sauce (optional).
- Freeze at least 2-3 hours, or until firm. Overnight is recommended.
You guys must try this No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake recipe & let me know what you think! Once you try it, come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating! If you make this, let me see on social! Tag @edgyveg on your photo & add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
Pin this Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Icebox Cake Recipe to Pinterest