VEGAN TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE RECIPE | Dairy-free, Soy-Free & Nut-Free
This Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese recipe dairy free, soy free and nut free… it’s also super easy to make thanks to the simplicity of truffle oil and a basic but divine vegan mac & cheese recipe! Level up your favourite basic mac and cheese recipe with a drizzle of truffle oil, pan-fried mushrooms and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Today, I’m going to show you how to turn basic vegan mac & cheese into a creamy vegan truffle Mac & Cheese! Is there anything more bougie on a menu than anything tossed or drizzled with truffles or truffle oil? No, no there is not. And so, I present Truffle Mac & Cheese.
This recipe is perfect if you’re looking to get more from your basic mac & cheese OR if you’re having dinner with friends and want a recipes that simple but also on the fancier side of life. By making this Truffle Mac & Cheese, your friends will think that you’re some kind of culinary expert, and hey, maybe you are! But if you’re not- YOU.ARE.WELCOME. This tasty dish is the definition of fake it til you make it.
If you’re looking for more vegan Mac & Cheese recipes, check out my list of vegan mac & cheese recipes here.
This vegan truffle mac & cheese will fill your mouth with creamy, cheesy and truffle deliciousness. When you have a basic vegan mac & cheese recipe (or choose your fave macaroni and buy or make a vegan cheese sauce at home), all you need are 4 other ingredients to make this gourmet truffle Mac & cheese recipe.
How To Make Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese
If you want to view or print the recipe card, just scroll down for the full list of ingredients and simple instructions on how to make this easy vegan truffle mac & cheese.
To make this vegan truffle mac & cheese, you first want to make a basic mac & cheese first by taking macaroni pasta and a vegan cheese sauce! You can get my #1 Cheese sauce recipe on page 34 of my Edgy Veg Cookbook, or my vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe online (which you can make in bulk and use for mac & cheese or other cheesy recipes).
So first, heat up some avocado oil in a skillet, and then we’re going cook up some mushrooms. So put 1 cup of sliced mushrooms in your skillet and cook them until they turn slightly brown. Then reduce the heat and let them simmer for about five minutes.
Next, add your cooked macaroni in a pot, add one teaspoon of truffle oil. I suggest starting with a teaspoon, and depending on your sensitivity to truffles, you can add more oil if you want. Truffle oil is a pretty powerful aroma so I would start small and then go from there. And now mix them together.
Afterwards, take your warmed vegan cheese sauce and add it in. Really coat each noodle so no n00d is left behind. Once it’s mixed, pour your veganized truffle mac & cheese into bowls and top it with some chopped parsley, and throw those browned mushrooms on top. And then feel free to add a drizzle of truffle oil!
And that’s how you make an easy, yet bougie, vegan truffle mac and cheese that’s also soy free and nut free!
Save This Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese Recipe
- Prepared vegan Mac & Cheese for 4 people (try the one from my cookbook)
- 1 tsp truffle oil + more to taste & drizzle
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cupfresh parsley, chopped
- Make your favourite basic vegan mac & cheese recipe (usemy fave store boughtor get macaroni pasta & use my cheese sauce recipe)
- Heat up avocado oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and let them simmer for about five minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
- In a bowl or large bowl, toss cooked macaron and 1 teaspoon of truffle oil. Taste, and add more truffle oil based on your preference.
- Add the warmed vegan cheese sauce of choice to the pot or bowl and mix well. Taste and add more truffle sauce as necessary.
- Divide your truffle mac & cheese between 4 bowls, and top with parsley and browned mushrooms.
- Optional: Add a drizzle of truffle oil
You guys must try this Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese recipe, you will love it! Once you try it, come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating! If you make this, let me see! Tag @edgyveg on your photo & add the hashtag #theedgyveg in your caption so I don’t miss it!
Click here for New Vegan Recipes from The Edgy Veg.
Pin this Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese Recipe to Pinterest
Leave a comment