This week has been a tough one for me. I get the winter blues pretty terribly and my body has been fighting against the gloomy weather pretty hard. When I get down like this, I find it very hard to be inspired and creative, and resort to easy and comfort style meals that aren’t always the most nutritionally dense.
Instead of falling into that rut again today, I decided to make a dinner that was easy and delicious as well as healthy. Afterall, we really need to be taking care of our bodies this time of year. I met up with a friend of mine, Lauren from Hot For Food and we decided, it was time to do a collab. Given, the mental state I have been in lately regarding the weather, and my aching tired body, I suggested we gift our viewers with 2 easy dinner under 15 mins recipes! This one is mine– an Easy Thai Noodle Bowl packed with nutritious veggies and a peanut sauce that’s to die for! James LOVES this sauce, I caught him using it as a dip the other day– hey, whatever works for ya!
This recipe can be made in under 15 mins easily! I used soba noodles to keep this recipe gluten free, and because they only need 3 mins to cook! The sauce is made in a blender for ease and speed, and the veggies will cook up in about 10 mins. I made this for James (but added broccoli) and he was SO excited. I have never seen him enjoy a meal as vocally as this one. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any veggies you have on hand, and is a great “clear the fridge” meal.
- Chop up your veggies.
- Heat a large pan with water for your noodles.
- In a wok or large pan, heat up coconut oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, this should take 3 mins or so.
- Add tomatoes and greens of your choice and cook until wilted, about 5-8 mins.
- While your veggies are cooking, make your sauce (if you haven't already) and set aside.
- When your veggies are about 3 mins away from being ready, toss your noodles into your boiling hot water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and return to the same large pot.
- Plate your bowl by placing your noodles in the center and arranging your cooked veggies and bean sprouts around it.
- Top with your sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Heat gently for 10 minutes, stirring often, serve hot