Before I went vegan I had dipping sauce with everything, veggies, pizza, sandwiches—okay, you caught me; I really like carbs and I really love sauce. Well, after trying out at least half a dozen Caesar dressing recipes I finally created one that I LOVE! I hope you like it as well! Next time I am tackling ranch dressing, also for veggies, pizza and sandwiches. 😉
Try my Caesar Dressing on my Grilled Caesar Salad recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup soaked cashews, rinsed well
- ⅓ cup +1 Tbsp cup water
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil orflax seed oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast(optional)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 ½ Tbsp minced capers
- 1 garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp kelp granules (optional)
- Salt& pepper to taste
- Rinse the soaked cashews very well and place in a blender with the water and blend until you get a cream.
- Once you have a well blended cashew cream, add all the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until very well combined and smooth.
- If the dressing is too thin you can add ½ tsp chia seeds to help thicken it. If too thick just add a bit more water.