The NFL play-off season is upon us, the women are cringing and the men are taking over our meticulously decorated living rooms. There is something to say about the amount of passion that flows through their veins at this time. Statements such as “where was this passion last week,” and “If only I could get you this excited about the ballet…”
When they start yelling “Baby, baby, baby Look! baby!” like you actually give a crap, just serve this amazing dish to shut them up; they’ll never know it doesn’t have meat in it.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup TVP** (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can dark beer
- Double shot of espresso
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (you can also substitute for cannedif preferred)
- ½ cup REAL maple syrup … not that fake crap
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- salt and pepper(to taste)
- Instead of the last two spices feel free to use 1 packet of pre-made chili spice.
- In a very large pot on medium heat, begin to mix all ingredients, adding in the spices last.
- Bring the chili to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
- Please taste while it is simmering… it is hard not to!
**TVP- texturized vegetable protein