This is an amazing living pesto! I have jumped away from the traditional and used sunflower seeds and oil for a full bodied flavour that would compliment your raw pasta perfectly! Or use it as a salad dressing! Yummers!
- 2 cups, washed, loosely packed stemmed fresh basil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ to ½ cup sunflower oil, as needed
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- Combine the fresh herbs, sunflower seeds, and garlic in a food processor and process the mixture until it turns into a coarse meal.
- Slowly add sunflower oil in a steady drizzle as you pulse the processor. Process until it becomes a smooth paste. Add enough oil to keep it moist and spreadable.
- Season with salt, to taste.