I thought it would be appropriate to share one of my favorite indulgent-decadent-not-for-anyone-on-a-diet vegan treats—the Oreo Frappuccino.
I first saw a girlfriend buy a Starbucks Oreo Frappuccino after a long night of partying. I was never a huge fan of the sugary coffee drinks, and hated the coffee at Starbucks. But this, this I could not, not try. One sip and I was both horrified yet impressed how tasty it was.
I started to make these on hot summer days instead of milkshakes when I was feeling PMS-y or just really wanted a sugar rush. I feel less guilty about this when I make it at home, because I use real, healthy (aside from cookies LOL) ingredients and coffee that actually tastes good.
I refuse to spend $5+ on fake, chemical-laden ingredients when I can make it myself—join me will you? Let me know what you think! Leave me a comment, I like comments. 🙂
- 3 Oreos or Oreo-type cookies
- 1 Tbsp Cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 -1½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
- 1 shot espresso, chilled
- ½ tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Crushed Oreos for topping
- Place all of your ingredients(except extra cookies for topping) into a blender and blend until well combined
- Add more coconut milk or sugar to taste and more ice if you like your frapp extra thick!