Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe

Vegetarian crunch wrap recipe

I will admit, I have never had any thing from Taco Bell. My mother is a vegetarian and so as kids we never really ate at Fast Food places all that often. I kept getting requests for this recipe, and at first I was refusing to make a copy cat of anything found at Taco Bell, because I LOVE Mexican food, and to me this was a cheap,not-going-to-be-as-good knock off of something much better. Well, peer pressure is as peer pressure does and so, I gave in. After 300 yes, 300 requests for the Crunch Wrap Supreme (I guess you guys really wanted it) I couldn’t ignore your cries any more.

Since I had no idea what this was supposed to taste like, I turned to my trusted Edgy Veg Carnivore Approved stamper James. That’s right, I actually have a real life carnivore tasting all of these recipes. He described the general flavour and sauce combination of all Taco Bell elements, and we went to work building this monstrous creation. This is an insanely easy recipe, and it actually tastes AMAZING! Grab yourself an ice cold beer and a jar of hot sauce and Voila! dinner in a flash!!! I hope you like it!

Vegan Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme

Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe

This fast food favourite can easily be made at home and can be made totally vegan! Try this easy vegetarian Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe!
Recipe type: Fast Food
Cuisine: Mexican
Serves: 4
  • Large flour tortillas (burrito style)
  • 2 cups Texturized vegetable Protein, shredded (you can also use minced seitan)
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • Hard tostado shells (If using corn tortillas, heat oven to 400° F. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy)
  • Vegan sour cream
  • Vegan queso style cheese
  • Vegan shredded cheese (optional)
  • Shredded iceberg lettuce
  • Diced tomatoes
  1. Cook your TVP in a skillet with a bit of water, oil and taco seasoning until heated through, spice to taste with chili powder or flakes.
  2. Microwave your flour tortillas for 10seconds, or warm them in the oven, 1 at a time as you build your wraps, they cool off quickly.
Build your wrap quickly:
  1. Lay out your wrap and spread a dollop of sour cream in the center.
  2. Top with a good amount of TVP.
  3. If you are using chredded vegan cheese, add that now.
  4. Next, layer on the hardened tostado shell and spread on some warm vegan queso.
  5. Top with diced tomatoes & shredded lettuce.
  6. Heat some oil on a large skillet or frying pan & turn on medium-low heat.
Fold your wrap
  1. Once heated, wrap up your crunch wrap.
  2. Start with the bottom of the large tortilla and fold the edge up over the center.
  3. Continue to fold this way, working your way around the entire tortilla.
  4. There will be a spot left open in the center, this okay, if it is not too large. If it is, just fill it in with a cut piece of another flour tortilla.
  5. Gently place your crunch wrap folded side down onto the pan
  6. Let it cook for a few minutes until it's browned, this should take roughly 3-5 mins.
  7. Flip your wrap, but make sure you are not flipping too early or your wrap will fall apart.
  8. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then serve!

• Nathan says:

I added a drop of liquid smoke and shoyu to TVP and added vegan refried beans with the vegan queso and vegan sour cream and it was amazing! Thanks!

• rbfqueen says:

Sorry about the twatwaffles you have invading your comments.

Going to have to try this asap! This used to be my favorite item on the tbell menu in college. Luckily now I know better. 🙂

• Michelle says:

So good! Made it again with sweet chilli heat Doritos instead of the tostada shell! it was soooo good

• Tatiana DiGregorio says:

Made a variation of this tonight w/o the “meat” and had just beans and it was bomb af

• Tatiana DiGregorio says:

Made a variation of this tonight w/o “meat” and it was bomb af

• Vampy says:

I assume TVP is some sort of soy product ? Too bad you didn’t specify but I make mine with meat and cheese.

• Natalie says:

These are absolutely delicious; even my carnivore husband loved them! The cheese sauce recipe is fantastic!!

• Joy says:

What is TVP? would be good to assume we are not all familiar with the abbreviations….Thank you

• cb says:

To be fair, the majority of vegans and vegetarians I know, who cook for themselves frequently, tend to know certain ingredients. TVP, liquid aminos, nutritional yeast are three examples of ingredients an omnivore may not be familiar with, but a vegan home cook has an instant understanding of how to use these items and what they are. Instead of posting a comment that does not add to the discussion, try to Google the recipe ingredient first.

• itsmiajade says:

TVP is textured vegetable protein (:

• Vin says:

Neat, but maybe one day you can attract people that aren’t actually vegans (me) and not turn them off immediately by your elitist appeal. You still didn’t answer what TVP is, just claimed he should know what it is. Statement: I’m so awesome I am vegan; google it cause I am too awesome to tell you anything. This is why people don’t like vegans.

• Ks says:

Vin: CB being condescending has nothing to do with them being vegan, they might just be that person.Sad to see that you reply with just as much of a generalisation about vegan as they did about non-vegans.

• A says:

I love your recipes but your website has too many adds! Sadly I won’t be returning, it’s way too distracting…

• B says:

Yeah it does have tons of ads but so does every other websites. This is her job. She can’t just post no ads and go broke and homeless. It’s so annoying when people expect those who work online to work hundreds of hours into posting quality for free. *rolls eyes*

• jennifer says:

Seriously? You can look away. How can she provide you with all these beautiful produced recipes, photos and all the time and energy editing FREE?

• James says: