Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage Patty

vegan sausage patty recipe

vegan sausage recipe edgy veg

This recipe was adapted from an Isa Chandra sausage recipe.

Click here for my Vegan Sausage & Egg McMuffin recipe.

Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage Patty

These vegetarian breakfast sausage patties are the best you'll ever have in your life.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Serves: 4
  • ½ cup cooked white navy beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup vegan “beef” broth or vegetable broth
  • 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
  • 2 tbsp tamari or vegan Worcestershire
  • 1 ¼ cups vital wheat gluten
  • ¼ cup nutritional yeast
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp ground fennel
  • ½ tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • ½ tsp dried thyme
  • ¼ -½ tsp salt (to taste)
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  1. Prepare your vegetable steamer or makeshift steamer. Bring the water to a boil and lay out 2 large square sheets of tin foil.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the beans until you have an almost-bean-paste. Throw all the other ingredients in there (spices last) and mix by pulsing, until all ingredients are combined.
  3. Divide dough in half. Place each part of dough into the tin foil and mold your dough into a thick log. Wrap the sausage dough in the foil, twisting at the ends.
  4. Place the tin foil wrapped sausages in the steamer and for 60 minutes. Once steamed and hardened, remove the rolls from the steamer and use right away, keep for up to 1 week, or freeze!
vegan sausage patty recipe

[youtube=http://youtu.be/vYK2vIWUHgk]

• May F says:

I’m planning on investing on a new food processor, what kind do you have? By the way, love ALL your recipes and just watched your vegan wedding, I love it!!

• Jay Vee says:

This is almost identical to Isa Chandra’s recipe. Did you “adapt” it from that?

• Katie says:

Any advice on how to cook this without using aluminum foil? I’m avoiding due to the association between aluminum and alzheimers.

• Heather says:

OMG Now I dont have to buy store-made ones now!

• Laura Jones says:

Made a double batch of this last night to gift to a newly-veg co-worker. I love them, I’ve been searching for a recipe that’s tasty and simple, and this is the winner. Thank you so much. My breakfasts will never be the same again, for the better!

• Alice says:

Thanks for an amazing recipe. Made these these for lunch, fried them in coconut oil and served with hash browns and baked beans. Was missing fry-ups since going vego but this is so good!

I am so happy that you liked the sausages!!! Eating them with hash browns and baked beans sounds delicious! Thanks for reading!!!!!

• Mollie says:

Thank you. I did end up finding the ingredients. I had to resort to a big computer rather than my cell. They were good!

• Mollie says:

I can’t wait to make these sausages! Going to drop a small grocery fortune to start, but I’m sure all the ingredients will last for many batches, along with other recipes. Thank you!