Welcome to the season of the pumpkin. Pumpkin scones, pumpkin cake, pumpkin muffins and of course, the infamous pumpkin spice latte. Chances are you have seen at least 5 people walking down the street with their Starbucks branded takeout cups in the past hour. But you know what this craze is missing? REAL pumpkin!!! Syrup is great, but it belongs on pancakes not in my coffee.
Instead, make your own at home. Not only will you save heaps of dollar bills, but you will know exactly what is in it! Using great coffee beans really does set this apart from the rest. Not to mention the whipped cream you don’t have to feel guilty about!
Try it, everyone else is doing it!
- 2 cups almond or cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
- 1 to 2 shots espresso, or ½ cup of strong brewed coffee
- Coconut whipped cream, to garnish
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together milk, pumpkin and maple syrup; and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.
- Remove from heat, stir in your vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and transfer to your blender and blend for 15 seconds until foamy.
- Pour espresso into a large mug and add the spiced pumpkin milk.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top. Voila, a fall-inspired treat that you can feel good about!
Watch the full video of how to make it here!