There was life before veganism, and let’s not try to pretend that it wasn’t delicious, and creamy, and gooey, and salty.. Okay, maybe I’m just describing cheese, and maybe I just really miss cheese sometimes. That’s allowed. To help me get over these cravings I usually make some traditionally cheese-centric dish, but substitute the heck out of it! That way I don’t feel like I am missing out. That is exactly how this recipe was born… from cheese craving to vegan yum!
These guys are delish on their own, but even better when dipped in your favourite aoili, cheeze sauce or BBQ sauce. Try these as a side to your salad– that’s what I call balance!
- 2 cups freshly steamed broccoli
- 1 cup of Daiya cheese
- 4 eggs worth of egg replacer
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or oat flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roughly chop your broccoli until you end up with pieces, but not mush. In a large bowl mix all your ingredients until well combined. Shape the broccoli “dough” into bite size broccoli balls, or nuggets.
- Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Check often, and flip once.