We all know that we should be drinking at LEAST 2 liters of water a day. We all know it, but do we actually do it? Or better yet, do we do it with ease? Most of us will admit that drinking enough water is tough. We are often too busy to remember or are too busy drinking some latte/espresso/green tea/wonder drink instead. Some of us just hate the taste of water, which is fine we all have our opinions, but there are ways to make water taste better without compromising the hydration benefits. Just add herbs and fruits or veg! Shocking I know. Forget “ flavored water” and flavor your own instead! I like to call these elf water or fairy water, they are light and full of nature’s powerful ingredients.
Try these easy to prepare combinations or mix and match for more unique flavors Simply mix ingredients in a pitcher with roughly 8- 10 cups of water leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 sliced cucumber, 1 sliced lemon, 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 5 halved strawberries, 1 sliced lime, ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Boil a few crushed fennel seeds in 1 cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool and mix with a pitcher of water, sliced orange and lemon or lime juice
- 3 sage leaves, 1/1 cup blackberries, ½ cup thawed blueberries
- 1 cup of watermelon blended with 1 cup water ad to a pitcher of water and 3 fresh rosemary stems
- 1 cup apples, 3 cinnamon stick, 1 anise star, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of the ginger tea, ½ sliced lemon, 2 peeled ginger cubes
- 2 cups green tea, 1 sliced lemon
- 2 sliced oranges, 1 anise star, 2 cloves