We’ve all been there, it’s 3 am, you just got home from an evening of dancing and drinks, and you are STARVING! Your girlfriends all reach for a loaf of bread and a brick of cheese. You have two options; you can sit there with hunger pangs and say nothing, or you can take over, and create this sweet post-bar treat instead! It is sweet and salty and full of yummy spice. You can use any bread you wish, but I personally only use Food For Life’s Ezekiel Sprouted Bread.
The flour made from sprouted grains provides more protein, minerals and vitamins than the refined flours you usually find in store bought bread. Incorporating sprouts into bread flour or dough brings potent nutrients into that bread you usually feel guilty about! And it will help your hangover of course!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- crunchy peanut butter
- honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- sprouted grain bread ( I like Ezekiel)
- raw sugar
- In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Slice the bananas into strips.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture onto the bread and cover with banana slices. Top with another piece of bread and spread coconut oil on both sides of the sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches in a frying pan on medium-low heat until each side is golden brown.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in shallow plate. Coat the grilled sandwiches with the mixture, and serve.