Christmas treats don’t always have to be super unhealthy! In fact the healthy options can often be more decadent and adorable than the ones filled with sugar. Although I do love those guilty pleasures as well… but shh don’t tell anyone…
HO HO HO I’m going to eat you!
1 lb large strawberries
2 cans full fat coconut milk
2-3 Tbsp maple syrup, to taste
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chill coconut milk in the cans overnight.
- Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry (enough for a hat). Remove the top. Clean out the bottom half of the strawberry with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Set aside.
- Open the cans without shaking them and scoop out ONLY the thick, creamy part, and add to your mixer bowl. With your mixer, start on medium speed and increase to high. Whip for about 5 minutes until you have thick whipped peaks. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste
- Add cream to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off, and fill the strawberries.
- Once strawberries are filled, top with the hats, and add a small amount of cream to the hat as a pompom.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
Vegan Strawberry Santas