(I keep this little guy in my purse instead of lip balm)
I have said it once and I will say it again, I absolutely love love looooove Coconut Oil. Seriously, like Oprah love it. I use it for everything, in food, as skin care, a cleaning product, and many other household uses. It provides a wide variety of health benefits, affordable, readily available and completely natural. There are few products this versatile.
Here are 35 uses for this miracle oil.
- Use it in cooking and baking to replace unhealthy vegetable oil.
- Use to oil your pans and baking dishes instead of pan spray or butter.
- Mix with nutritional yeast and toss your popcorn in it.
- Use as the base for homemade chocolate. Just add agave and cocoa!
- Mix with garlic and use it to make the most amazing garlic bread or toast.
- Use instead of shortening for pie crusts, biscuits, etc.
- Use it to in place of your moisturizer. Fantastic for skin and slows aging.
- Use it as the base for a homemade body scrub.
- Use on new tattoos to help with healing.
- Helps smooth wrinkles and shrink pores.
- Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturizer.
- Use on a cotton ball as a makeup remover.
- Use as a natural sunscreen.
- Use on cracked or rough heals or elbows to help smooth them out. ( and on all other dry body parts)
- Use a dab on a canker sore to help soothe the pain and speed healing.
- Massage into fingertips and toes to prevent and/or soothe hangnails and ingrown nails.
- Helps with yeast infections (externally).
- Make homemade soap
- . Use to help with menopausal dryness
- Use on a clean lash brush as an eyelash strengthener
- Massage into your nails and cuticles to help strengthen them.
- Mix with tea tree oil and use as a natural deodorant.
- Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream.
- Use it to prevent stretch marks while pregnant.
- Use to condition your wooden cutting boards.
- Just rub a tiny bit on your palms and apply to your super dry hair and style as normal.
- Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing.
- Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic cleaner similar to Goo Gone.
- Use as a leather moisturizer.
- Use to treat lice.
- Massage into your dog’s skin to help with dandruff.
- Add a little coconut oil to a soft cloth and polish the interior of your car.
- Use to help with ear infections. Put a few drops into your ear at the first sign of an infection.
- Lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods.
- Use on your plant’s leaves instead of leaf shine.
Have any other uses? Leave me a comment below or tweet me!