Move Over McDonalds! Candice is taking over. Sure the sight or smell of chicken nuggets may bring you back to your childhood but no educated human being would ACTUALLY eat these in our adulthood. This was a sad idea… until now! Here is the easiest, yummiest way to bring you back to your childhood without all that fake chicken-like McDonalds shit…
- 1 package extra firm GMO free tofu (or tofu steaks)
- ½ cup flaked nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup wheat germ or bread crumbs
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Braggs Seasoning
- 2 eggs worth of egg replacer (mixed)
- Unwrap the tofu and shake off any excess moisture. Cut into cubes or strips.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a deep bowl, or in a freezer bag, add the wheat germ or bread crumbs and spices, mixing well. In a separate bowl, add egg replacer and soy sauce or Braggs.
- Dip each piece of tofu first into the liquid, lightly shake off any excess, and then coat with the seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Put the breaded tofu cubes on a lightly oiled baking pan and baked 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dipping sauce such as sweet and sour, barbecue, or spicy mustard