1 cup sugar
5 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
huge nubbin of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Combine 2 cups of water, salt, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a pan over the stove.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, until it is cool.
- Strain the syrup into a jar and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Put 2 Tbsp. of the spicy-gigner syrup and a lemon wedge into a glass.
- Fill the glass with soda water and stir.