Who doesn’t want dessert for breakfast? This tastey treat is exactly that, rich and creamy pumpkin pie-like taste but super nutritious and full of extremely high protein complex as well as highly absorbable calcium. What a fun way to eat vegetables for breakfast! So there you go, delicious AND good for you, it really is the only way to eat.
½ cup amaranth, soaked over night and rinsed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (if you used canned DO NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
pinch of rock salt
1/8 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove
1/2 vanilla bean pod
Agave to taste
1/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- Drain and rinse amaranth. Use a nut bag or fine mesh strainer for this.
- Scrape the seeds and empty the vanilla bean pod.
- Combine with coconut milk, water, pumpkin puree, spices, vanilla bean and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and stir often. Simmer covered, on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes covered to thicken.
- Sweeten with 1-2 tbsp agave or to taste.
- To serve, drizzle with coconut milk, and sprinkle with coconut flakes.