4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup flax meal
2 tbsp Braggs liquid seasoning
6 capers, stems removed
- Place carrots, olive oil, garlic and salt in a food processor and pulse into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Using your hands form mixture into patties about 1/2 inch thick. Or create falafel by using an ice cream scoop to make little round balls.
- You can either put this into a dehydrator for 4-6 hours at 104 degrees for a raw option, or place on a baking tray and cook at 350 for 15 minutes on each side.
- I like to place the patties on a bed of lettuce and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, avocado and tahini sauce.
- Using a washed collard green wrap the falafel balls, with your favorite toppings.
So Many Options!