1 cup wheat berries (whole wheat kernels)
1 tbsp flaxseed
2 cups water
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1 tbsp cane sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
- Place wheat berries, flax seed and water in a blender and process at high speed for 2 minutes. Add flour and process for another 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, salt, baking soda and powder and process until well mixed.
- Heat a heavy non-stick griddle or frying pan or high heat. Reduce heat to medium heat.
- Pour dollops of batter quickly onto the griddle, leaving space to expand. When bubbles appear, flip.
- DO NOT overcook; they should be a bit puffy when you take them off the griddle.
I like to top my pancakes with fresh fruit and vegan whipped topping, YUMMM