It’s that time of the year again. The kids are back to school and I have come up with some stellar breakfast ideas that are not only vegan but easy to put together as well.
My first easy vegan breakfast idea is not only delicious but a snap to make. The secret ingredient to this recipe is chocolate. Yes, chocolate is an acceptable breakfast food when used correctly. To make this delectable chocolate overnight oats, combine almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter or almond butter, vegan protein powder, chia seeds, and some cocoa powder into a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix this all together well until it starts to thicken and reaches a smooth consistency. Now add in your oats and mix thoroughly. Your next step will be to put the mixture into a container of your choosing. Tupperware is fine, but all the cool kids are totally putting this stuff in hipster-mason jars. Once you’ve got your oats into your ultra-cool mason jar put them in the fridge overnight.
My next easy breakfast idea is one that we have all experimented with over time, the legendary breakfast smoothie. You may be saying to yourself right now, great, another smoothie recipe. Well this one has a twist, it tastes like french toast and even has a bit of that unforgettable Cinnnabon flavor to it. In your blender add a chopped up banana, oats, protein powder, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some maple syrup. Blend this all up together and put it into any container you see fit. I of course recommend another Mason jar.
The last easy back to school breakfast idea is a classic staple for breakfast lovers worldwide. The breakfast sandwich has a long and storied history dating back hundreds of years, and for good reason. It’s an excellent hangover food, easy to warm up when you’re on the go, and packed with fiber as well as protein. I like to keep it simple, with a layer of vegan cheese, some vegan breakfast sausage or faux-bacon, and fresh avocados on an English muffin. If you take the time to make a batch of these and seal them up in Ziploc bags they are an absolute godsend for those mornings when you are starving and you need food as fast as humanly possible. One minute in the microwave and you have a warm, healthy , but indulgent breakfast sandwich that can power you through all the way to lunch. This is a perfect solution for the college student with a microwave in their dorm room that is forever running late to class.
There you have it, my 3 favorite grab and go back to school breakfast ideas. If you have some grab and go breakfast ideas of your own you’d like to share feel free to leave your comments below. Also, don’t be afraid to experiment with these breakfast concoctions, make them your own.
If you are looking for more easy back to school & dorm-friendly recipes, check out these awesome, easy and delicious recipes.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp dried coconut
- 1 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- Optional: fruit, dried coconut, chopped peanuts
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips and topping of choice in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add oats to a mason jar, and place in the fridge overnight.
- Top with chocolate chips and toppings , and grab and go in the morning.
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 frozen banana medallions
- Pinch of pink salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend.
- 6 English muffins
- Your favourite vegan sausage
- Your favourite vegan cheese
- Optional toppings: greens like spinach, sliced mushrooms…
- Toast all english muffin.
- Place the ingredients on the muffin bottom, and cover with another muffin top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining English muffins to make 6 sandwiches. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag and place in the freezer
- To reheat, remove plastic wrap from the frozen sandwich and wrap in a paper towel. Place into microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through completely.
- Serve immediately.