The Shamrock Shake is a green, minty milkshake available at McDonalds every March for a limited time. Think something along the lines of a mint chip milkshake but way more intense and bright green, like REALLLLLY green.
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, so that means I have a reason to eat more than an the average serving of green ice cream, right? Right!
- 2 cups (or an entire pint) vanilla coconut milk ice cream
- 1 ¼ cup almond or hemp mylk
- ¼ tsp mint extract
- ¼ cup spinach or kale, for green colour (kale has harsher taste, use spinach for no "green" taste at all)
- vegan whipped cream or coconut cream
- Cacao nibs, to garnish
- Combine the ice cream, hemp mylk, mint extract, and spinach or kale in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and garnished with cacao nibs. Enjoy all year round!!! Yum.