Sriracha is (the best) type of hot sauce, named after the city of Si Racha, in Eastern Thailand. It was first produced for dishes served at local seafood restaurants, but is now enjoyed with every type of cuisine all over the world. Rooster sauce, or COCK sauce as I like to call it, is a hot sauce with a super yummy sweet flavour as well as heat, and is great on cheap asian cuisine, pizza or even sushi!
I started making my own because I am trying to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible and I must say, Cock sauce is good, but homemade cock sauce is, like, OVER THE MOON EPIC! Seriously, I may never use store-bought sriracha again. ever. Make it at home and try it for yourself!
Sriracha Chili Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 -2 lbs red jalapeño pepper ( half de-seeded)
- 1 Habenaro pepper, de-seeded
- ½ cup organic white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- Cut up your jalapeño peppers and blend them together with your water, garlic, vinegar, habenaro pepper until they are blended very, very well. This should take a couple minutes.
- Once everything is blended very well, transfer your mixture to a medium size sauce pan and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat right away and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced by ⅓.
- Once reduced, add brown sugar and salt to the peppers mixture, and mix well. Re-blend this mixture or mix it very well by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated. ***WARNING- Only re-blend if you have a blender with a removable cap-- or else it will explode!!!
- Get yourself a fine mesh strainer or nut mylk bag or cheese cloth, and starin the crap out of your mixture to catch all the seeds and thick matter.
- Put into a lovely glass jar and enjoy!!!! This will keep for a couple weeks, but you can also freeze half if you wish!
20 Ways to use Sriracha Sauce
- Dipping sauce for ANYTHING
- Sriracha garlic bread
- Squirt into soup to add heat
- Squirt on pizza
- Season tofu or other meat alternatives
- Add to a bloody mary instead of tabasco or horseradish
- Sriracha flavoured kale or potato chips
- Sriracha hot chocolate ( a twist n mayan hot chocolate)
- Mix with Ketchup to make SPICY ketchup
- Bring heat to veggies in a stir fry
- Use for heat in sauces
- Use for heat in salad dressing
- Use in cocktails
- Sriracha and maple roasted nuts or seeds
- Mix with BBQ sauce and tomatoes to make a great pizza sauce
- Spicy vegan cream cheese
- Toss popcorn in it
- Sriracha hummus
- Sriracha aioli
- Make any bland, cheap food taste great!
Watch this video on how to make Sriracha at home!!!